Breakfast, lunch/dinner, dessert
Comin’ atcha! Here’s a quick post with some recipes that I love!
Breakfast: Vanilla Quinoa w/ Fresh Fruit
– Makes 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings
- 1/3 cup rinsed quinoa
- 2/3 cup milk (I use whole to add some fat to my breakfast)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (important!! This adds a great flavor and helps it to taste sweeter w/ less sugar!)
- 2 tsp maple syrup/honey/brown sugar
- Toppings: additional warm milk, fresh strawberries/blueberries/diced peaches – whatever you want!
- Combine quinoa, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup in a saucepan. Heat to a boil and let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for another 15 minutes (NOTE: Keep an eye/ear on the quinoa. When first covered, the milk may boil up some. You might have to lift it off of the heat for a moment to let it calm down).
- Fluff the…
View original post 270 more words